A while ago, Dead Fleurette tagged me to do a post on my handbag necessities. I wasn't really enthusiastic as I found my mess quite underwhelming.
But funnily enough, I was often reminded of the subject on metro rides as I caught curious glances whenever I opened my bag to fetch my hand cream or a tissue for my running nose (yeah, winter's glamourous!).
A few days ago, the same situation happened and suddenly out of nowhere I had the image of Hermione's (Harry Potter) and Mary Poppins magic bags in my mind and couldn't help letting out a chuckle.
So I finally decided to settle the matter. Here's what's hidden inside my bag:
- Black leather wallet (Le Tanneur) but I also use a smaller one when I don't feel like carrying this big one.
- Freedent gums (I hate Nespresso breath after the morning coffee at the office)
- Office set of keys
- Lipbalm from the Carrefour supermarket (cheap remedy for my dry lips and works without leaving a weird white film)
- Rose handcream by Annick Goutal (same: my hands are always dry and it smells wonderful. A real luxury)
- Moleskine notebook : I love its supple leather cover and elastic band. I write everything in it rendez-vous, grocery lists, work duties etc.
- Ipod (Bot'ox's Blue Steel on heavy rotation right now)
- Metro pass
- Pouch for little things: tampons, lipstick, saline solutions for my eyes, deodorant wipe
- Hand sanitizer
- Book (I've read "A Mercy" by Toni Morrisson a couple of times already but if I don't have fresh new reading material on the métro ride, it's my go-to book)