mercredi 20 avril 2011

In the mix this week

It was a girly, colorful and mixed up week in celebration of the Summer-like days we had.

- A bit of Africa, with a printed Dutch wax tissue :



I bought the tissue on a market in Africa and had a tailor make me this little skirt.

Trench: Zara Basic
Linen/cotton navy knit : h&m
skirt made in Africa 
Bag: Gap
Espadrilles wedges: Minelli

- A girly variation on Wednesday:




Trench: Zara Basic
Linen/cotton navy knit and skirt : h&m
Bag: Vanessa Bruno
Espadrilles wedges: Minelli

- Retro Africa with a Malick Sidibé "Nuit de Noël' inspiration: a  full skirt indigo cinched waist batik printed dress 




Dress made in Africa 
Bag : Vanessa Bruno
Espadrilles wedges: Minelli



7 commentaires:

  1. The patterns on the African skirt and dress are fabulous!

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. ooooh very nice. there's something so right about wearing pattern in the summer, esp with espadrilles!

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. Oh, great looks! That's a beautiful dress. I love African prints, I got lots of fabrics in uganda that I still haven't figured out what to do with.

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. oh i loveeee the african skirt and dress!! chic!

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. Thanks Zanah ! That's very nice of you!

    Thanks Prêt! I couldn't help doing a little shopping even on holidays! The materials were so incredible, it was hard to choose!

    S: Thanks! I know! If there's one thing that changes in the way I dress come Spring/Summer is the inclusion of prints.

    Thanks Garderoben! I've had the chance to meet amazingly talented designers and tailors in Africa so I would just draw and explain them what I wanted with the materials and they would achieve it. I also used some for the house: curtains, sofa cover...

    Thanks If Jane ! I appreciate it a lot!

    RépondreSupprimer
  6. I love that short trench coat so much!

    RépondreSupprimer