This week, as I wore more or less the same kind of outfit over 2 days, it made me realize that even if I have the occasional and short-lived ambition to turn myself into la femme APC/ Céline/Dries van Noten/Isabel Marant, I always go back to my basic winter casual city looks which consist in the:
- Same boots (Acne "Pistol"), because when I don't feel like wearing flats or sneakers, these tough cookies inject a dose of subdued trendiness with an ideal walkable height;
- Same bag (Céline Trio), because it's so liberating to hold on to just the minimum and not having to deal or sometimes even "battle" with bag handles ;
- Same kind of all-purpose oversize black coat (Comptoir des Cotonniers or Isabel Marant Etoile), because it adds edge and sharpness to any outfit but it's also the easy go with everything winter cover-up;
- Same old clothes meets up (brand) new because it's so exciting to wear old favorites season after season and mix them up with new loves;
- Same kind of boyish silhouette because I'll never be a dainty princess.
striped sweater/pull rayé: Zara - striped tee underneath/tshirt rayé en-dessous : New Look - jeans : Isabel Marant - boots: Acne Studios - coat/manteau: Comptoir des Cotonniers - scarf/écharpe: Dries van Noten
pull/sweater + boots : Acne Studios - jeans: Uniqlo - coat/ manteau: Isabel Marant Etoile - scarf/écharpe: Dries van Noten- bag/sac: Céline