vendredi 31 janvier 2014

Tenue du jour


Even if I'm not buying, I couldn't resist trying out a few new things at COS today. 

And I'm glad I did: after fantasizing over several items on their websites, the changing room session was a most welcome reality check featuring ill fit, so-so, no way, "I should stop eating that M&S berry cheesecake" and "I like it but when/where will I wear it?". 

I left the store empty handed and clear headed. Felt good to get rid of some delusions.

That's (already) a wrap for January 2014!

faux fur coat & scarf : Uniqlo - cashmere sweater: H&M - jeans : Isabel Marant Etoile - sneakers: Jonak - belt: Isabel Marant x H&M

9 commentaires:

  1. You buy M&S food over there? What about all those lovely pastry places you have in France?

    And yes, it's lovely to have the wakeup call isn't it? I did that the other day when I saw a pink (??) jumper I had to try on in Zara. I looked like a pink marshmallow - infact I looked like a fat pink marshmallow. So I put it back ... you would too eh?

    And personally - I love your own outfit. Such a perfect relaxed outfit but with the right amount of detail.

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Ha but it's all about variety ! :)) It's a bit "exotic" to get scones and muffins at M&S from time to time and still drop by the bakery for good ol' French treats!

      One of the reason why I still have such a hard time shopping online is that nothing beats the fantasy out of you more than trying things on! 90% of the items I spot on Internet and fuss over, leave me cold once I see them in real life.

      Supprimer
  2. I agree about COS. The styles are gorgeous, fabrics are amazing, but the clothes are rarely flattering. Love the fit of those Marant jeans!

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. COS is the store where you really have to try on the clothes! Sometimes the bland weird thing on the rack looks amazing worn and other times, it's a catastrophe: nothing works whereas the item looked so good!
      Thanks about the jeans, they were "buried" among other jeans and I recently fell back in love with them.

      Supprimer
  3. That happened to me with a neoprene (what?!) sweatshirt dress with a flounce skirt (double what?!), from Zara. I don't know what possessed me, but I decided in the dressing room that I looked oh so fashion forward and I actually bought it. My husband took one look at me in it and said "Please don't wear that in front of anyone I know." Back to earth!

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Ha ha! You cracked me up! This kind of event happens to a lot of us:)) It's as if we're suffering from split personality the instant we set foot in stores like Zara sometimes, ending up with clothes that are completely out of one's character! Thankfully, they have a rather easy return policy!

      Supprimer
  4. Oh la la, the berry cheesecake is so delicious: crusty base, gently acidulous red berries and the creamy cheese... The day I tasted it, I knew I was lost! Haha!

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. Oh yes, I have the same issue too! "Oh what if I just peek inside H&M?" or "I'm only going to browse the J. Crew website" ... lies! lol. Now to curb the habit I keep my debit card wedged under my mattress and out of my wallet when I'm out of the house and don't need money (aka 95% of the time) in order to help with my own recently imposed shopping ban. I admire your will power to turn away even while in the store!

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Oh the lies we tell ourselves indeed! ha ha! It feels so innocent to "just have a look" huh? Next thing you know you're headed to checkout with something you never intended to buy and certainly don't need...
      I'll put the Visa-under-the-mattress plan in motion as last resort but yes, I'm the first surprised by my will power!

      Supprimer