dimanche 1 juin 2014

April and May: new and old in


Les premiers frémissements du printemps ont déclenché une sacré fièvre acheteuse. Même si par anticipation, j'avais réinstallé la plupart de mes vêtements de mi-saison afin de prévenir cette frénésie cyclique et prévisible d'achats, cela n'a manifestement pas suffi à m'arrêter...

The first signs of spring outbreak sent me in a crazy spending mood. Even if I had carefully put back most of my spring clothes in anticipation of this predictable shopping frenesy in order to prevent it, it clearly wasn't enough to stop me... 


Achats d'avril / April purchases:

Ballerines Chloé (seconde main)- envie/besoin: cela fait bien plusieurs années maintenant que j'ai un gros coup de cœur pour ces ballerines à la découpe festonnée et trouvais qu'elles seraient idéales en alternance avec mes autres ballerines mais les payer plein pot était difficilement concevable pour mon budget. Je les ai trouvées en parfait état sur Vestiaire Collective avec une décote significative et comme la paie venait de tomber je n'ai pas hésité longtemps et me suis fais plaisir!

Chloé ballet flats (second-hand) - fancy/need:I have been crushing one these scalloped cut ballet flats for a couple of years now and thougth they'd be ideal to alternate with my other ballet flats but couldn't bring myself to buy them full price considering my budget. I found them in perfect condition with a significant discount and as the paycheck had just dropped I didn't hesitate for long and indulged myself! 



Blouse "Buny" Isabel Marant Etoile (seconde main) - (vieille) envie: je la cherchais depuis le printemps 2012 où aussitôt en boutique, aussitôt en rupture de stock. 2 ans plus tard, elle est finalement mienne!

Isabel Marant Etoile "Buny" blouse in white (second-hand) - (old) fancy: I've been on the lookout for this one ever since it sold out as soon as it hit the stores back in 2012. 2 years later, it's finally mine!



Veste en lin "Chuck" Isabel Marant Etoile (seconde main) -besoin: J'ai eu cette veste dans une couleur moutarde mais je l'ai revendue il y a bien longtemps maintenant sans plus y penser du tout et puis soudainement il y a quelques mois, je commence à faire une fixette sur une veste en lin coupe large, histoire d'avoir une version printanière de la Bator et là, c'est fini je ne pense plus qu'à "ma" veste. Heureusement qu'il y a internet pour réparer les vieilles bourdes et j'ai pu la retrouver mais en bleu.

Isabel Marant Etoile "Chuck" linen jacket (second-hand) - needed: I had that jacket in a  mustard color, sold it a long time ago and didn't think about it at all till a few months ago when I suddenly couldn't stop thinking about an oversize linen jacket, in short the mid-season version of the Bator. Thanks to internet, I was able to find it but this time in blue.


Sandales Dries van Noten (neuves) - envie: Pour terminer le mois complètement à sec, je suis tombée complètement dingue de sandales Dries van Noten après les avoir vues sur 2 amies (vous savez qui vous êtes!!) et - je vous épargnerai le compte-rendu de la traque - j'ai réussi à les avoir. Je n'ai pu les porter que 3 fois pour l'instant, merci la météo pourrie (!), ce qui ne fait que renforcer mon adoration et je guette avec impatience le moindre coin de ciel sec pour les porter!

Dries van Noten sandals (new) - fancy: So to end perfectly and entirely broke the month, I went completely mad over DvN sandals after seeing them on 2 friends (you know who you are!!) and -sparing you the recount of the track- I managed to get them. Only wore them three times so far thanks to the crappy weather which however only reinforces my love for these shoes...



Achats de mai/ May purchases:

Je me suis ressaisie en mai et j'ai réussi à limiter mes achats à ce dont j'avais vraiment besoin et mis de côté mes envies pratiquement jusqu'au dernier jour du mois.

I got back on track in May and managed at the start to limit my purchases to what I really needed and put aside the fancies almost till the last day.

Tshirt noir COS (neuf) - besoin: En rangeant mes vêtements d'hiver, j'ai réalisé que je n'avais pas de t-shirt noir à manches longues à part mes Heattech. C'est un basique passe-partout en mi-saison et je me suis mise à la recherche d'un tshirt aux manches 3/4, ni trop étroit, ni trop long/court que j'ai trouvé chez COS.

Black tshirt COS (new) - needed: After swaping winter clothes for lighter ones, I realized I had no black long sleeve tshirt besides Heattech thermals. This kind of top is a versatile mid-season basic and I have thus been searching for one that wouldn't be too tight, long/short with 3/4 sleeve length which I found at COS.

(COS)

Tennis Bensimon (neuf) - vaguement besoin...
Ajouter une paire de tennis plus "classiques" à mon dressing était sur ma liste d'achats pour ce printemps-été, pour autant ce n'était pas une urgence vu le temps pluvieux. Il a suffi d'un passage impromptu une veille de week-end après le boulot devant la toute nouvelle boutique Bensimon du quartier Montorgueil (j'arrive jamais à me rappeler que c'est rue Montmartre maintenant - enfin depuis un bon moment...) et me voilà avec mes nouvelles tennis taupe en main.

Bensimon sneakers (new) - kind of needed...
Adding a more "classic" pair of sneakers to my dressing was on spring summer shopping list, however there was no emergency to get them considering the rainy weather. All it took was an impromptu after work, on a week-end's eve, walk-by the new Bensimon store near rue Montmartre and here I am with new taupe sneakers in hand.


 
Cardigan Isabel Marant "Idol" (neuf) - envie: Repéré en début de saison après l'avoir vu porté par Miss Sarah, j'en rêvais. D'autant que la météo plutôt fraiche m'aurait permis de l'étrenner sans problème mais bon, je n'ai eu ni promotion récemment et je ne joue plus au loto donc pas possible d'aligner les euros nécessaires pour pouvoir l'acquérir donc j'ai patiemment attendu les soldes privées et voilà, à moi!!

Isabel Marant "Idol" cardigan/jacket (new) - fancy: Spotted early in the season after seeing it worn by Miss Sarah, I've been dreaming about it. Especially as the cool weather would have allowed me to use it quite adequately alas I got no promotion recently and don't play lottery anymore so it was not possible to  line up the necessary euros to be able to get it so I patiently waited for private sales and voilà, it's mine!!



Honnêtement si j'avais su que j'allais craquer sur les sandales Dries van Noten, je n'aurai pas acheté les ballerines Chloé surtout que grâce à la pluie non stop sur Paris ces dernières semaines, je les ai assez peu portées jusqu'à présent. Mais bon, avec des "si" hein... Malgré tout, même si avec 7 achats en 2 mois j'ai explosé mes restrictions budgétaires et le nombre d'achats prévus, aucun regret à signaler: il n'y a eu aucun ajout inconsidéré. J'ai aussi vendu et remisé certains vêtements et chaussures. Au final, donc plutôt satisfaite d'autant que même si les soldes approchent, je n'ai plus vraiment d'autres envies/besoins à satisfaire.

Honestly had I known that I would fall for the very gorgeous yet expensive Dries van Noten shoes, I wouldn't have bought the Chloé - especially considering the non stop rain we had which prevented me from wearing them lately. Well, anyway with "ifs and buts"... 
Still, despite blowing up my restriction, with 7 purchases in 2 months, I have no regrets: there were no thoughtless additions.In the end I'm rather content especially since even with sales coming up, I don't really have anymore fancies or needs to satisfy.

13 commentaires:

  1. Glad to hear that you liked my suggestion on your last post!
    I was wondering now how you get all of those pieces you’ve mentioned? Do you shop in thrift stores or online (ventes privées, ebay)? I’m trying to save some money to buy the dicker boots but with my budget it seems impossible…yet I really want them…any tips?

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. I shop mostly on eBay and Vestiaire Collective on internet, there's Videdressing as well. Otherwise there are a few consignment stores in Paris -which I believe I already mentioned in a previous post- that I "visit".
      Regarding the Dicker boots, if you're sure about your size and don't mind second-hand, I'd advise you to check Vestiaire Collective for a little discount and the guarantee to get a vetted item. Sometimes some models make it to the sales but the popular color/material rarely do. Good luck!

      Supprimer
  2. Oh I love just about everything you've purchased. I've just decided to get the Lanvin slippers and hope they are as comfortable as the ballet flats seem to be! But I am curious to know how comfy the Chloe ballet flats are (I've had my eye on the neutral color ones as well).

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Thanks so much! The Chloé are very comfy: no pinch or painful friction and I'm walking a lot! Great decision to get Lanvin slippers, they are so chic and seem incredibly versatile as well! Which color did you pick?

      Supprimer
  3. i love the chloe ballets on you - and such a pretty pale pink - perfect for spring! all of your purchases look like they'll be regular favorites, so i don't think you went overboard really :)

    doing a bit of a closet cleanout at my blog shop myself now that summer is really around the corner...i'm still disappointed that we never really got a true 'spring' this year :(

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. You're too kind! Thanks! ;)) I'm also reasoning that now that the damage is done, I'll be a bit more "quiet" and less tempted...
      Was it too hot as well in Italy? You should have stop by Paris, here, we're having some weird but very much actual spring! haha!

      Supprimer
  4. Thanks about the Chloé shoes. I wasn't sure about that color but it's a nice change for me.
    I swear spending calls for more spending, it's so easy to fall into that buying cycle especially with internet, the action is so "painless"...

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. Great items, love the DvN sandals! Sales are starting here now, so far I've been very good and of course, the stuff I want hasn't gone on sale yet. IM is so expensive at retail now but still so popular so to find something at a good price feels good.

    Sometimes I have long stretches of not buying anything, and then all of a sudden "when it rains, it pours" - I remember one time last year suddenly everything I had been keeping an eye out showed up on eBay all ending at the same time, lol. Really though, great purchases!

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Thanks Koko! Curious to know what your sales targets are? Now that it feels like summer again in France, I'm obsessing over linen everything- tees, pants, etc. Especially want the IM Faxon tee but not sure its price will be reduced in the first sales days.

      Supprimer
  6. What great buys, Aissa! It's especially gratifying to find items one missed out on second-hand. I just found a pair of IM light cotton printed trousers on ebay that I missed out on last year;)

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Congrats on your score Mel! It's so satisfying indeed to finally get missed out items, if only it meant stopping (even briefly) stopping the the flood gates of fashion obsessions...

      Supprimer
  7. Ahhh the scallop flats are gorgeous! Isn't it the best when a coveted item pops up for sale second hand? The perfect combination of a lower price and preventing a perfectly good item from being wasted :)

    I'm doing a whole scale purge/wardrobe assessment since I'm moving out of my house (the one I lived in while at university) this weekend, although that apparently hasn't stopped me from doing a little bit of summer wardrobe shopping either...

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Thanks! I like the way you see things and completely embrace your wisdom! Haha!
      Good luck on the move. Can be tense but it's a great opportunity to reassess what you really need to keep and what has to go!

      Supprimer