mardi 31 mai 2016

Back to work

So finally, I didn't give up on my old Zara trench in the end. I patched up what I could, took it to the dry cleaner and decided to make do with it for now since after going on holidays, I'm completely broke and can't afford shopping anything just yet. Since the weather in this neck of the woods is desperately wretched, it turns out useful to be really useful. 

Work look from last wednesday: A rare dry and sunny day since I got back so I decided to put my toes out. Just had enough of boots and loafers. Still had to bundle up a little though.  


Trench: Zara Basic - sweater : H&M - scarf: Isabel Marant Etoile - pants: Gap - sandals: APC - bag: Céline

Thursday: It's been a while since I wore that leopard printed blouse. I've come to realize that most of my shirts and blouses are left unworn in winter in favor of sweaters and t-shirts/thermals. When it gets warmer, I break them out.    


Trench + blouse: Zara Basic - pants: Isabel Marant Etoile - loafers: Jonak - bag: Céline

5 commentaires:

  1. I think patched up clothes are so charming. You know they are loved:)

    I have told you before, I am sure, but I think you have such a great color palette.

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. And I was quite adamant to let the trench go!! Haha!

      Thanks a lot! I'm actually trying to widen my color palette to "spice" it up a bit and the constant rain is a good motivation to break out something flashier!:))

      Supprimer
  2. Thanks! That blouse turned out to be one great purchase finally, after so many years it hasn't dated. Makes me think that I should buy more leopard printed clothes/accessories.

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. The good news is trench coats are a classic, so they'll be around forever and you can save up for a new one. Often it's the one-season items that get me, but even if I do miss out on those I'll just set up eBay alerts for them, lol.

    If Ines de la Fressange continues with her Uniqlo collab, I would definitely look out for a spring trench. Mine is really great quality, I'm not even hankering to steal my mother's Burberry trench anymore!

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. I will keep an eye out during sales for a trench even if it's quite rare this kind of classic gets a discount... Thanks for the IDLF x Uniqlo tip, you look great in your trench! :))

      Supprimer